Monday, May 7, 2007

New Furniture!

Wow! This was very unexpected.
My mom and I went over to Furniture Factory Outlet this
evening after work and I found this sofa and loveseat that I just fell in love with for our living room. We are pretty broke right now with the house and imminent move so I was really just window shopping. I was shocked when my mom whipped out her checkbook. As soon as we get moved in and settled I am going to start making payments to her to pay it off, whether she wants me too or not. I could never accept such a huge gift, even from my mother but I am overwhelmed by her generosity.


I am hoping to go to at least 3 days a week and there have been hints at going full time from my boss after we get moved in Memorial Day weekend so we will be able to pay her back by July. I just can't believe that I finally have new furniture! We have always had hand me downs until now. At first it was because we were young and dead broke but then it just seemed pointless with small children. Now that the kids are older I have been thinking about it for the last year or so but we have been putting our money aside to fix up the truck so it's more dependable and buying this house. I was starting to wonder if the kids were going to have to be grown and out of the house before I would finally get my furniture. LOL


The only thing is I have to pick out new colors for my paint now since the green I had picked out will not look good with that shade of red. But that's ok, I haven't bought it yet and I still have until the 19th before we have the paint party.


Well I better go for now so I can join in the Casey/Galina speculation over at EN.
Have a good evening all! I will bring home the camera tomorrow with all the pics of the progress I have made on the house so far and get them in a post.

No comments: